I really hope you read the title in that stereotypical footy commentator voice…cos I sure did when I typed it! Now we have that out the way we can address what it is I’m shooting for (sorry there will be bad puns along the way, I can’t help myself!) in 2018.
As I said in my previous post I am ditching the diet culture and spending this year, and beyond, loving and embracing myself. That doesn’t mean I can’t and don’t have big plans though. There are loads of things I want to achieve this year, the difference is that I won’t hate myself for not managing them to an OTT planned schedule the way I have in the past.
My goals are a bit eclectic but make total sense to me so bear with me. I also plan on creating (late I know given that we are already in 2018!) a list of 12 things that I want to achieve this year before I turn 30 in December, but this is more fun stuff like purchases or outings.
- Be more organised about the house. I want to get into a proper cleaning routine and keep the place as clean and orderly as is possible with two small boys running amok.
- Work on my photography. Col got me a wonderful Fuji camera for my birthday so I want to learn more about how to operate that and improve my blog pics.
- Blog more consistently! I’m murder for writing two in few days and then none for two weeks. If I want to grow this page then I know I need to write properly and regularly.
- Keep up and add to my skincare routine. I started this towards the end of 2017 and really enjoyed caring for my skin properly and the positive results I was getting so need to not be lazy and keep it going.
- Be bold! My sense of style has totally begun to emerge and grow in my 29th year of life! Call me a late bloomer but I think it’s due to some new found confidence and body positivity. So I’m going to keep pushing myself out of my comfort zone and wear the stuff that catches my eye and I like even if I do worry what other people will think.
- Have fun! Last year was a great year but it was stressful too. I spent a lot of time adapting to two kids, bought,moved into and renovated a flat, fought with my old work about flexible working, got a new job, helped organise a protest march about flexible working (and appeared on several radio shows!!) as well as finalising my divorce and all the other general admin that life throws at us. So yeh, fun. Doing cool, random and enjoyable stuff with my friends, with my three best guys and with Colin just us two as well.
I am still working on the list of ‘My Road to Dirty Thirty’ ideas but they include saving up for and buying myself an incredible piece of jewellery, running a 5k for charity and visiting some cool historical Scottish landmarks (aka my personal Outlander tour!). Open to any suggestions you all may have for me….maybe I should run a poll?!