At the end of this year I turn 30. That seems to be an age that a lot of people I know panic at, but I’m genuinely quite excited about it. It feels like a fantastic milestone rather than a millstone around my ageing neck.
In my 29 and a bit years on the planet I feel I have achieved quite a lot already, some of these are positives and a fair few cock ups thrown in for good measure.
I went to uni for a year before that went tits up, I got married for just over a year before that went tits up (it feels like a recurring theme is emerging here but I promise it gets better!), I am officially divorced, I have birthed and raised to Small boys for a year (uh oh!) and six years (phew!) and they are pretty damn awesome, I am a homeowner, have been to some pretty cool places in the world, created this blog and stuck to it for nearly a year now, I have tattoos and my hair has been some wacky colours and I have now met the second (possibly third or fourth but who’s counting!), real and last love of my life! That’s a lot of things to have done already and frankly I’m pretty bloody happy with my life and achievements so far.
However, I feel I need to do some cool stuff this year, a mini bucket list of sorts to truly welcome in my 30’s. My idea is to do 12 things, one for each month in the run up to my birthday. Some things I have already thought of and will list below, and others I am stuck on so am looking for some inspiration from you my lovely friends and readers.
- Buy a fantastic piece of jewellery for myself. I have a purple sapphire and diamond ring put aside in the safe at work that I am obsessed with and I plan on paying it up as a fabulous 30th gift to me!
- Go on a mini Outlander tour of Scotland. It’s so important to explore your own country and ours is so flipping beautiful. Couple that with my fave book/tv series and you have a winning road trip!
- Run a 5k, jump out a plane or some other active event for a charity and raise some money for a fabulous cause.
- Get my nose pierced! Colin isn’t keen on this one but I have always wanted it done and always been too shit scared. 30 seems a good time to do it!
- Eat at my second Michelin star restaurant. The first experience was so incredible when Colin and I went to Pollen Street Social a few years ago.
- Visit the Harry Potter Warner Brothers Studio. I am a huge HP geek and have been wanting to go for years but have never managed between one thing and another. It’s time to lock that trip down.
- Random Acts of Kindness – sprinkle that shit everywhere! 💕💕💕
- Meet up with at least 10 of my wonderful online pals. I spend so much time chatting and commenting with them all it’s time to catch up in real life!
- Have a sleepover party with my besties! Cute pjs, midnight snacks, gossip and bubbles – perfection!
This wee list is a work in progress…will keep updating as I go!